Tree Planting in Carpenters Wood
This January, on a frosty morning, we were met in the woods by Alex Laurie, Principal Tree and Landscape Officer at Three Rivers District Council. He had 40 broadleaf trees for us to plant in an area of the woods which has had most of the larch removed.
This is a long-term goal for our ancient woodland, to restore it to the state it would have been in had it not, in areas, been planted with a larch crop. Under Alex’s expert guidance, we planted 15 hazel, 15 beech, 5 wild cherry and 5 hornbeam with supports and guards to protect them from deer and rabbits.
We have another 40 trees to plant next month in another area of the woods.
- Summary of 2022 Leave a reply
- October visit by CMS volunteers Leave a reply
- Summertime Leave a reply
- Spring time in the woods Leave a reply
- Last volunteer session of 2020 Leave a reply
- Volunteer sessions have resumed in Carpenters Wood Leave a reply
- Easter Bluebells Leave a reply
- Spring Flowers Leave a reply
- Volunteer sessions cancelled Leave a reply